Thursday, July 12, 2018

Getting Husband Back by Bringing Him Before God

By Yifei, Japan

My husband is not only good-looking, he also has a better education and a decent job. What’s more, he once was a soldier and had gone to war. He is better than me in appearance, education, and knowledge.
After having our son, when my husband came back home from his work, he always helped me to wash the clothes, cook meals and take care of our son. He cared much about our son and me. He was really a good husband and a good father. At that time, I thought I was the happiest woman in the world. I felt happy and proud to have such a satisfactory husband. However, while I was happy, I also felt some worries and a sense of crisis, for I was afraid that my husband would follow the evil trend and be taken away by other women and betray me one day.

At this time, my husband was suddenly promoted from the section chief of a government department to a vice president of a commercial group. When my husband told me this news, I was both happy and worried. The reason why I was glad was that we could gain fame, social status and money with my husband’s promotion, and that we could lead a better life and others would think highly of us. However, what worried me was: My husband sometimes went home at midnight due to his business when he was a section chief, while now he was promoted to the vice president, then he would have more business entertainment, and he couldn’t take care of my son and me; there are many people in the society who have lovers, and especially those who are rich, famous, and have social status are more likely to follow this evil trend; the higher position my husband was promoted to, the more various people he would keep in touch with, then it would be easier for him to follow the evil trend. When I thought of this, my feeling of happiness suddenly disappeared, but instead, my heart was full of worries and fears and I had an ominous premonition.

Since my husband was promoted to the new leadership position, his social status became higher and he had more power in his hands. In order to achieve goals, some middle-level female leaders often pleased my husband by eating, drinking, dancing and singing with my husband. At the beginning, my husband also resisted and resented this decadent life and the social phenomenon and said to me several times that he felt very helpless about this. However, gradually, my husband could not help falling into this life due to seductions and began to spend his time on drinking and pleasure, living a feasting and pleasure-seeking life, even sometimes he didn’t return home overnight. I was traumatized in spirit and was almost on the verge of mental breakdown. The feeling of happiness my husband had brought to me was gone. One day, my son asked me, “Mom, why haven’t I seen my father for a week?” In order not to hurt my son’s heart, I lied to him and said, “Your father is busy with work and sometimes he returns home late because of excessive work. You go to school early in the morning, so you don’t see him.” After saying these words, I had an unspeakable sorrow and pain in my heart. Now, although we had money, fame, and social status, my husband was getting farther and farther from us. When thinking of this, I felt the loneliness and pain that I had never had before. Didn’t I have to live in such a painful life for the rest of my life? Thinking about the happiness my husband had brought to me in the past, I didn’t want to give up this marriage. In order to save the marriage on the verge of breaking up, I negotiated with my husband three principles: First, if he has socializing at night, he must come back home no more than 9 p.m.; second, he must have dinner with my son and me at least three times a week; third, if he has affairs with other women, then he mustn’t enter our home. Although my husband agreed with me immediately, he still did the same thing as before, without any reduction. Sometimes when my husband didn’t return home on time, I would quarrel with him, consequently our family losing peace. My husband and I became more and more strange. Seeing that our family once admired by friends and relatives became broken like this, I felt heartbroken and disappointed. I thought to myself: When could this hard life come to an end?

When I was hopeless for my life, in 2012, God’s kingdom gospel came to me. Later I saw God’s words: “Born into such a filthy land, man has been severely blighted by society, he has been influenced by feudal ethics, and he has been taught at ‘institutes of higher learning.’ The backward thinking, corrupt morality, mean view on life, despicable philosophy, utterly worthless existence, and depraved lifestyle and customs—all of these things have severely intruded upon man’s heart, and severely undermined and attacked his conscience. As a result, man is ever more distant from God, and ever more opposed to Him.”

After reading God’s words, I clearly realized that the reason why my husband had been so depraved was because of the social evil trends Satan used to corrupt people. Now, these sayings are popular with the whole society, such as “Seize the day for pleasure, for life is short,” “Women surely will have wealth after turning bad, men surely will turn bad after having wealth,” “The red flag at home does not fall, and the colored flags outside flutter in the breeze,” and “Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.” These satanic evil thoughts have become the social trends. Under the influence of this social trends, the entire human beings become more and more evil and depraved. At the beginning, my husband could take care of my family, and cared about me. However, with his promotion, in the mixed environment, he couldn’t stand being tempted and followed the social evil trends and gradually lost himself, indulging in a life of luxury and profligate tastes and totally ignoring us. Not only my husband but also the entire corrupted human beings are firmly controlled by Satan, unable to resist and break free. In this social evil trend, people are not willing to live a plain and simple life in normal humanity. Instead, they begin to advocate wickedness, enjoy high status and great wealth, indulge in the lust of their flesh, and pursue excitement to satisfy their desires. As a result, they become more and more depraved, without humanity. What’s worse, the relationship with their families breaks down, and they become more and more empty and pained in spirit, feeling no peace and happiness but more and more tiredness. In the past, I always thought that I was the happiest one who have an excellent husband, a clever and obedient child, fame and wealth. In the face of facts, I realized that even if we got fame and wealth, and material enjoyment, we were not happy but pained. But how could I find back my happiness? I asked myself: I have quarreled and fought with my husband before, but I cannot get him back. What should I do to get my husband and my marriage back in the end?

Later, I saw God’s words: “Though the word ‘word’ is simple and ordinary, the word from the mouth of God become flesh shakes the entire universe; His word transforms the heart of man, the notions and the old disposition of man, and the old appearance of the entire world. … These words and this work are all for the sake of man’s salvation, achieving God’s will, and changing the original appearance of the world of old creation. God created the world with the word, leads men throughout the universe with the word, conquers and saves them with the word. Finally, He shall use the word to bring the entire world of old to an end. Only then is the management plan wholly complete.” From God’s words, I understood that God used words to create the world at the very beginning, and today God uses his words to judge and purify us corrupted humans. When we left the leadership of God’s words, we could not tell clearly what is righteous and what is evil. So, we can follow the evil trend and suffer from it. In the past, I tried to get my husband back through various efforts and all kinds of measures, but I ended up with failure. In the face of the facts, I saw that getting my husband back and saving our marriage by relying on my own methods is impossible. At the same time, I also learned that only by coming before God to receive God’s salvation could he really see through and get rid of the evil trend’s deceiving and afflicting, and that only God’s words can awaken my husband’s lost heart and save him from the evil trend of Satan. No matter how my marriage is in the future, I would entrust it to God. Since then, I no longer controlled my husband in my own way. The quarrel in my family gradually disappeared. I enjoyed a sense of relief and release that I had never felt. When I prayed to God and wanted to depend on God’s words to solve the problems between my husband and me, God heard my prayers and practically arranged the environment, opening up a way for me.

In 2013, I witnessed God’s work to my husband and showed him God’s words. By reading God’s words with me, my husband understood the reason why he lived a depraved life of debauchery is because of the evil trend of Satan. He once lived only for his own enjoyment, and even completely disregarded us, which resulted in a fragile family. He regretted everything he had done in the past and came before God to pray and repent. Gradually, my husband no longer stayed out all night. While he had time, he stayed with our son and me at home, and we discussed everything together. When others invited him to go to those luxurious and splendid places, he declined gently by relying on God’s words. When he was seduced and tempted, he stood up to the test by praying to God that he’d betray his evil disposition because he knew from God’s Words that this was disgusting to God. After I saw my husband’s changes, I was so delighted in heart, and I really saw that God’s words are the truth, the way, and the life and His words can change people’s minds, spirits, old thoughts and old dispositions. Now we read God’s words, sing hymns, exchange ideas and experiences together, and help each other. We also do our respective duties in the church to witness God’s salvation to us to more people.

It was God’s word that got my husband back and saved our marriage. Having experienced so many things, I saw that only by coming before God, relying on God, pursuing the truth and living by God’s words can we see through many things and have the way out in life. I have enjoyed real peace and joy in my heart and have gained true happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment