Friday, March 23, 2018

In Obstructed Labor, God Performed the Miracle of life



By Fudan

On the morning of April 24, 2011, when I just got up, my younger son’s wife, heavy with child, said to me, “Mom, I have been having a stomach ache since last night, which prevented me falling asleep. Let’s go to hospital!”
Seeing she was in pain with her hands on the small of her back, I remembered that the expected date of confinement was coming and it seemed that she was going to give birth. Therefore, I hurriedly prepared the things which might be useful after child-birth and called her own parents. Then I and my daughter-in-law went to the hospital where my nephew’s wife worked. On the way, I was very peaceful in my heart and thought: she had an examination several days ago which showed that everything was okay, there shouldn’t be any big problems. Even if something happens, my nephew’s wife will take care of us in the hospital. The childbirth must be successful.

After we arrived at the hospital, the doctor asked my daughter-in-law to have a color Doppler ultrasound examination. Unexpectedly, the result showed that the baby was turned around. I didn’t know what to do. Just when I was anxious, my daughter-in-law’s amniotic fluidescaped, so she was going to be in labor. It seemed that the eutocia was impossible and she had to have a Caesarean. Then my nephew’s wife contacted the doctors hurriedly and assured me that the operation would be performed smoothly, for all the physicians were rich in clinical experience. Hearing her words, I felt assured.

Then my daughter-in-law was wheeled into the operating theatre in a hurry. Thinking that I was about to see my granddaughter, I was filled with expectations. However, more than an hour later, the operation was still on, so I became kind of nervous. But I changed my mind and thought: It will be okay, for my nephew’s wife has said that their clinical experience is rich. Why should I worry?

Preserve Daughter in Law or the Child While Facing the Birth Danger?

Just when I was waiting patiently, the doctor walked out of the operating theatre and said anxiously, “The condition of your daughter-in-law is very bad now. After we opened her abdominal cavity, it turned out to be ‘Triple Adhesion’, which means that the fetus, the placenta, and the uterus are adhering together. Moreover, she has lost a lot of blood, so she needs immediate transfusion. I think the prognosis is not good. Great danger exists in the operation. Thus, if she could be out of danger, it would be a miracle. You have to be mentally prepared. If something happens to the patient throughout the operation, we have no responsibility for it.” After saying this, he asked us to sign the agreement. His words were like a punch on me and I thought: Triple Adhesion? How can this symptom come out? Can my daughter-in-law survive? Will the child be safe? If something happens to my daughter-in-law, what will happen to my family? … I didn’t know what to feel, but it was as if a bowl of icy water had been emptied over me.

Then, the atmosphere suddenly became tense. The doctors and nurses continually rushed about the lobby with medical supplies. I felt a gloomy foreboding well up. When I was at a loss, I cried out to God, “O God! Now I am helpless and feel terrible. I don’t know how to face it. May You guide me!” After my prayers, I thought of God’s words: “Today, no matter at all (whether the matter is great or small) is orchestrated by man and they are all within My hands.” Right! God orchestrates and controls all things. Everything in our lives is inseparable from God’s orchestrations. Today, it was in God’s hands that whether my daughter-in-law could be out of danger or not. The difficulty even tied the doctors’ hands, so we man could do nothing about it. Then, I put the operation into God’s hands and looked onto Him in my heart. I was willing to submit to His orchestrations and arrangements. Then, my heart quieted down, and I didn’t feel so tense as before.

Finally, the door of the operating theatre opened. A doctor ran out hurriedly and panted nervously, “The condition of the patient is very bad. She is undergoing a haemorrhage now. And the condition of the fetus is also dangerous. At present, another difficulty comes up besides the adhesions. After we cut the extra-embryonic membrane, it immediately recovered, so the fetus can’t be taken out. The pregnant woman is facing difficult deliveries. And only the mother or the baby can live. You have to decide who you want to save.” This news pounded me again and I felt extremely bad in my heart: Granddaughter or my daughter-in-law? Why must I make the choice? I don’t want to lose both of them! However, at this crucial moment, a human life is of greater value than everything, and I have to make a choice. After I discussed with my family, all of us preferred to save my daughter-in-law. Hearing the answer, the doctor went inside hurriedly to continue the operation. At that moment, I felt so nervous that my forehead and hands sweated. I nervously walked back and forth in the lobby and waited for the result of the operation anxiously.

Both Two Could Be Hardly Preserved With Dangers Surrounding

Several minutes later, the door of the operating theatre opened again. The doctor told us in a thick voice, “We are unable to take the fetus out of the womb. Besides, the expectant mother has lost so much blood that both of them might die at any time.” Then he took out the critically ill notice and asked us to sign. Hearing his words, my whole body felt weak and I collapsed on to the chair suddenly, tears flowing from my eyes. At that time, the lobby was packed with all the relatives and friends who came here after hearing the news. They all begged the doctor to come up with another way unceasingly. However, faced with the rare case of illness, the doctor could do nothing. Having no choice, the doctor phoned the director of a famous obstetrics and gynecology hospital in Beijing. There came up a ray of hope in my heart: The director of a hospital in Beijing? He must know how to deal with it! Unexpectedly, through the phone, he said that my daughter-in-law had got adhesions, that he had never seen this rare disease all his career, her situation was too complicated for him to perform an operation, and that there was no hope for him to save both of them, as the survival rate for them was rather low. Then, the doctor came to us and informed us to prepare the funeral affairs. Were they really unable to survive? They were two lives! Thinking of my granddaughter whom I had never met and my daughter-in-law on the edge of the precipice, I felt as if I had fallen into the abyss.

Just when I was in pain and helpless, I cried out to God again, “O God! Faced with the situation, I don’t know what to do. O God! May You enlighten me and guide me, for I can’t overcome the circumstance by myself. O God! May You keep my heart!” After my prayers, God’s words came to my mind: “Praise God in the midst of illness and enjoy God in the midst of your praise. Do not lose heart in the face of illness, keep seeking and never give up, and God shall shine His light to you. How faithful was Job? Almighty God is an all-powerful physician! To dwell in sickness is to be sick, but to dwell in the spirit is to be well. If you have but one breath, God will not let you die.” God’s words gave me faith and also reminded me of Job. When he lost all of his property and children, and when his whole body became covered in boils, though his heart was full of anguish, he never complained against God and still said, “the LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.” Through his faith and obedience to God, he stood testimony for God. However, when it came to me, though I prayed to God with my words that I was willing to commit my daughter-in-law to God, and believed that all matters and things are under God’s dominion, yet when she was in danger, I was still pained and worried, totally living in fear. Having been examined by the fact, I realized that not only was my faith in God pitifully small, but even more, I had no true reliance and obedience toward God. Yet God didn’t ignore me because of my little faith, but enlightened me and comforted me by His words in time, so that I wouldn’t feel nervous and pained anymore. After I understood this, my heart became full of gratitude to God. Then, I committed my daughter-in-law to God and looked onto Him again, praying that I was willing to submit to His orchestrations and arrangements whatever the result would be.

After I looked Onto God, Things Turned Around

Just when I was willing to submit and completely rely on God, things turned around. The doctor said that just now they had contacted Doctor Liu, an old retired obstetrical-gynecologist, and maybe she knew how to deal with it, and this was the last resort. Hearing these words, I knew clearly in my heart that it was God’s deed, because after the director of obstetrics and gynecology hospital in Beijing said there was no hope of their survival, the hospital still contacted the retired physician. I couldn’t help but offer up a grateful prayer to God. Soon, Doctor Liu came in a hurry and went directly into the operating theatre. My heart dared not leave God for a single moment and I kept praying to God.

Half an hour later, Doctor Liu walked out of the operating theatre, with her gloves covered with blood. She said sadly, “The operation has lasted too long and the patient has lost too much blood. I think I am helpless for it.” Hearing the news, I prayed to God silently, “O God! I believe that both the lives of my daughter-in-law and the child are in Your hands. May You keep my heart, so that I can submit to the following situation. Whether they will be alive or not, I am willing to submit to Your orchestrations.” After my prayers, I felt very peaceful and calm in my heart, and didn’t felt that anguished like before. I thought: If God doesn’t allow my daughter-in-law to die, even if she has only one breath left, she will survive; yet if God wants to recall her life, anyone is helpless to do anything. Therefore, I said to her, “Please try again. As long as she has a breath, just make every possible effort. Please give it a try. Whether they can survive or not, I won’t complain against you.” However, she told me that in her 48 years of performing operations, she had never performed any one like this, so she was by no means reassured. After I told her repeatedly that we would bear all the consequences, she entered the operating theatre again.

Looking at all of my relatives and friends walked back and forth anxiously and fell into utter confusion, my heart was very peaceful. I thought of God’s words: “You should know that all things in the environment around you are there by My permission, I arrange it all. See clearly and satisfy My heart in the environment I have given to you. Do not fear, Almighty God of hosts will surely be with you; He has your back and He is your Shield.” God’s words made my heart filled with strength. Right! All matters and things are in God’s hands. The environment we face every day is arranged by God and no one can change it. Today, both the lives of my daughter-in-law and granddaughter are in God’s hand. They are not decided by me or even good doctors or high-tech medical science. Even if a doctor had masterly skills, he can only cure people’s illness but can’t save people’s life. God alone determines man’s life and death, and only He is my strong shield that I can rely on and look up to. I was willing to rely on Him to experience this matter, and hold my faith for Him.


Who Produced the Miracle That Both Two Survived?

Several minutes later, a miracle happened. A nurse came out, holding my granddaughter. I was very excited and the tears welled up in my eyes. Later, my daughter-in-law was rescued. Doctor Liu came out of the operating theatre and patted my shoulder and said, “Both mother and child are doing fine. You must have been kind in the past life!” The moment I heard her words, I couldn’t hold back my excitement anymore, and tears came out of my eyes. I knew that these were God’s deeds. It was God who saved both of them.

The next day, doctor Liu came to visit my daughter-in-law. She said to me, “Your daughter-in-law is recovering quickly. But surprisingly, I’ve no idea that how I had completed the entire operation. The hospital asked me to write down the process of the operation, yet I just don’t know. I really wonder how I completed the operation.” Hearing doctor Liu’s words, I said to her in a low voice, “Do you know why you can’t write the process down? It’s because the operation isn’t performed by you, but by God. The One I believe in is the only true God—who created the heavens and the earth and all things. The thoughts and ideas of people are in God’s hands. You also should believe in Him.” At first, she looked a little surprised, then she nodded her head and said, “Actually, after I was retired, someone preached the gospel to me. But I didn’t pay attention to it. Having experienced this operation, I would like to seek and investigate carefully.”

Several days later, both my daughter-in-law and granddaughter were better and discharged. The experience made me truly realized that God alone is the source of man’s life; that everyone’s fate is in His hands. As long as we sincerely rely on Him and look up to Him, we will see His wondrous deeds. God is indeed our strong shield forever.

Thank Almighty God for His elevation, enabling me to experience this soul-stirring day. All the glory be to Almighty God!

Recommended:





No comments:

Post a Comment